Who does not love leather; who does not want the distinction that leather gives you; The elegance of leather sofas and the durability it gives with age. However many people can’t tell between good leather and fake leather, so what is leather its self. Basically leather is the skin of animals after it is treated to many processes that refine it and beautify it. The skin is tanned with high-grade oils and preserved before it is stitched to make a good leather fabric for sofas, clothes, bags, and shoes, etc depending on what you want to use the leather for.
A few bad stains and spells can ruin the overall appearance of a classic leather sofa especially if left untreated or cleaned incorrectly. The following are the ways you can use to clean your leather sofa using home remedies and preserve or clean your leather sofa for years.
- In a bowl, mix equal parts of white vinegar and natural oil(lemon oil) tends to work best.
- Leave the solution to concentrate for a few 5 minutes before use,
- Dip a soft cloth in the solution out so that it is (damp not soaking )and begin gently wiping down the surface of the leather sofa.
- later after applying the remedy, use or wipe down with dry fresh cloth.
You can use the following tips to prevent stains from your leather sofas.
- cleaning regularly: ironically, in order to avoid the hassle that comes with cleaning stains, one has to clean the leather stains regularly! This is because most of the stains you see on the leather are actually the settling in of dirt over a long period of time, Taking a few seconds to wipe down your leather sofa with a vinegar mixture solution and a soft cloth once a week will help.
- Limit water usage. you want to use a home remedy, it’s ok but avoid using the harsh chemicals when mixing the remedy because they will make your leather to peel off or start breaking. Always limit the amount of the solution you use to treat the stains or else risk unsightly water damage.
- check the cleaning codes on the leather piece or look for a care manual on the imported leather sofas, if locally made ask the manufacture for the recommendations of the safe products to use when cleaning the leather sofas.
- Lastly, when the stain occurs deal with it immediately, this will increase the chances of getting it out easy then wait for a week
All in all, you can ask for help from the professional service providers from HCM HUB APP to help you clean your leather sofa.