Home drains like manholes, sinks, showers, trenches, bathtubs are important but sometimes can act as a perfect home and breeding place for pests like cockroaches, bedbugs, mosquitoes, rats, snakes, millipedes, centipedes. A drain is a system of pipes or channels used to carry away waste and water from a building. They are a spot for stagnant water, food waste, garbage, bacteria, hair
Pests tend to migrate looking for food and dark places to live in and sometimes squeeze themselves out of the holes, cracks in the drain covers, and enter buildings like homes and businesses. Pests can be a major problem in your home because they spread germs, destroy houses, contaminate food. Here are the easy ways you can get rid of pests in your drains
- Unclog sink, shower, toilet, and tub drains because pests tend to hide inside them, pests are happy when they’ve found a slow-moving drain. You can use baking soda, salt, soap, and vinegar to unclog drains
2.Clean drains regularly to prevent insects from making their way into them. Remove hair, food waste, and garbage from drains. Take good care of your drains
3. Consider covering drains like trenches, manholes with drain covers to protect accidental or unauthorized access.
4. Keep your sinks, showers, bathtubs as dry as possible.
5. Keep your home free from rotting food and garbage
6. Seal your pipes, make sure your pipes are free from holes.
7. Remove all junk in your sink, shower, bathtub drains. this junk includes hair, food wastes, garbageRemove all junk in your sink, shower, bathtub drains. this junk includes hair, food wastes, garbage
9. Regular fumigation of drains like manholes, trenches will keep those pests away, this is why you should consider fumigating manholes at home every time you are spraying for pests at home.
If you have used the above remedies and you still notice cockroaches, flies, bedbugs, rats, snakes. millipedes, centipedes consider getting in touch with professional pest control services.