Clients seeing cockroaches crawling around is the last thing they want to see when they enter an office. A cockroach infestation can be a problem anywhere and no one wants to deal with it. Cockroaches can chase away potential clients and deter you from performing daily activities effectively. Cockroaches can chew important things in the office like papers, books, glue, paste, boxes, wallpaper, and food in case it is left uncovered.
REASONS WHY ROACHES LOVE OFFICES
- Food. Food in the kitchen sink, desk, chair, and floor makes it easy for cockroaches to access the office. Cockroaches also eat glue, paste, paper materials like books, boxes
- Shelter. Cockroaches love hiding in wall cracks, cabinets, shelves, behind the fridge, boxes, papers, pipes, under desks, chairs, and holes.
- Water. Cockroaches also love water like human beings, leaking pipes can act as a breeding place for cockroaches.
The following are the ways to get rid of cockroaches in offices
- Keep the office clean at all times. Always clean sinks(kitchen, bathroom), cabinets, remove food bits and coffee, milk, soda spills from the sink, desk, chair, and floor.
- Organize things in the office.Cockroaches love to hide in papers,books,box files,cabinets,cupboards,back of the fridge.Keep office glue, paper materials like books, wallpapers, boxes well organized.
- Take out the garbage. Roaches love eating trash like food and snack leftovers. Throw trash away instead of putting it in the sink because it can become a breeding place for cockroaches.
- Regular office maintenance. Buildings tend to have cracks, holes, and pipe leaks when they get older which gives cockroaches access to the office. Repair damaged and cracked office tables, chairs, cabinets, cupboards since cockroaches hide in them.
- Repairing pipe leakages. Leaking pipes can act as a breeding place for cockroaches since they love water, take care of any leakages, dry sinks after washing dishes to get rid of cockroaches
If you’ve tried the above ways to get rid of cockroaches in your office and the infestation persists, consider contacting professional pest control services to get rid of them